Recently a document related to a short term goal for Indigenous weapons developement was published by the Ministry of defence. The document cadres to the need of all three wings of the Indian Millitary i.e is Army, Airforce and Navy. The goals are set till 2020 and are more based on the three or mostly two categories of Make in India Defense or DPP-2016:
- Indigenously Designed, Developed and Manufactured category.
- Buy Indian
- Make Category
The pics from the document are as given below in actual order:
Noteworthy Indigenous weapons mentions in the given Document:
- Hard kill protection systems for tanks
- Engines with 1000-1500 hp , DRDO 1500 Hp power facility
- Next Generation Destroyers (NGD) / Next Generation Frigates
- Medium Altitude Long Endurance (MALE) RPA, 100 – 150 pieces. DRDO Rustom-2
- Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) (HALE, VTOL, Ship-borne), apprrox 50 , DRDO-IAI Rotary wing UAV
- Short Range RPA, 50 Pieces, DRDO Rustom-1 UAV
- Stealth RPAs, 55-70 pieces. DRDO Ghatak U(C)AV
- AUVs/ ROVs for Mine Neutralisation, 10 Pieces, DRDO Underwater Drone
- Anti UAV Directed Energy Weapons.
- Long range Anti submarine Torpedos
- Replacement for AK-630 CIWS, DRDO AK-230 Clone
- Rifle and Carbines , 250000 and 230000 respectively, OFB 7.62*51 and JVPC
These are some of the most noteworthy mentions in the document. Looks like the indigenous millitary complex is going to take a leap in coming years even more.